Volunteer Fundraising Officer
LGBT Voice Tanzania is looking for a dynamic and motivated person to help us organize diverse community fundraising events, conduct research on potential funding opportunities, and participate in developing funding applications. In doing so, fundraising interns will not only support LGBT Voice’s valuable development work, they will also generate a highly valued fundraising skill set. The role is based at our office in Dar es Salaam, but remote home working is also possible. We are looking for a commitment of at least one day per week for a minimum of 3 months.
Who we are
LGBT Voice is a national LGBT organization that promote, support, defend and protect the interests and the general well-being of Gay, Lesbians, bisexual and Transgender people in Tanzania
Key Objectives of Volunteer Role
- To plan and run successful community fundraising events (academic /sport /music /arts); conduct research on charity funders; and to help develop funding proposals to support LGBT Voice Tanzania’s activities.
- Planning and organizing bi-monthly community events with LGBT Voice staff and volunteers (type of events dependent on your interests/skills/background)
- Ensuring good monitoring, analysis and follow up after each event
- Helping to organize an annual sports event for LGBT Voice and our partners
- Building relationships with companies to explore sponsored events and funding opportunities
- Conducting thorough research of the various funding bodies available to LGBT organizations based in Tanzania/Africa, and assessing how viable they are for a funding application from LGBT Voice
- Contributing to development of funding proposals to generate funding for LGBT Voice’s activities
- Close liaison and participation in social media and our other communications
Skills and experience required
- A highly-motivated self-starter able to work on own initiative
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office and internet
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to network effectively
- Good organization and time management skills
- Previous experience in events management desirable but not essential
- You will develop a highly valued specific fundraising skill set, both in how LGBT Voice can generate funding through major trusts and funding hubs, and through community events.
- You will help LGBT Voice Tanzania in its mission to unleash potential to make positive things happen.
- You will learn new skills, have new fulfilling experiences & gain new knowledge
- LGBT Voice Tanzania will provide professional references to help you in your career development
- LGBT Voice Tanzania will provide you with direct line management support & monthly supervision
- LGBT Voice Tanzania is small, caring and committed. When you join us, you become part of the LGBT Voice family (if you want to).
- Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the team on +255 715 334 419.